- Professor-Clinical, Dept of Engineering Education
3070 Smith Laboratory
174 W. 18th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, 1973
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, 1970
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, 1969
Publications (Journal Articles)
- Rogers, P., Davis, D., "Framework for Developing Assessments for Capstone Design Course Outcomes", Special Issue IJEE, 2015.
Publications (Peer-Reviewed Proceedings)
- Rogers, P., Freuler, R., “The T-Shaped Engineer”, Proceedings of the 2015 American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, Seattle, WA, June 2015.
- Rogers, P., Rhoads, R., Whitfield, C., Allenstein, J., “Examining the Impacts of a Multidisciplinary Engineering Capstone Design Program”, Proceedings of the 2013 American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA, June 2013.
- Paretti, M., Howe, S., Blair, S., Rogers, P., Kanai, J., Stanfill, K., Livesay, G., “Capstone Design Hub: Building the Capstone Design Community”, Proceedings of the 2012 American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX, June 2012.
- Rogers, P. (2013). Social innovation and commercialization. Paper presented at the American Society for Engineering Education North Central Section Annual Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Rogers, P., Gill, C. & Alley, K. (2011). A sustainable innovation model: Challenges and opportunities for collaboration in an academic setting. Paper presented at Include 2011: International Conference on Inclusive Design, London, UK.
- Rogers, P.F., 2015, "Framework for Developing Assessments for Capstone Design Course Outcomes." Special Issue IJEE
- P. Rogers, 1984, "The Economics of Robotic Arc Welding Workcells." Robotics Today 46-48 - 46-48.
- Rogers, P.F.; Boothroyd, G., 1975, "DAMPING AT METALLIC INTERFACES SUBJECTED TO OSCILLATING TANGENTIAL LOADS.." J Eng Ind Trans ASME 97 Ser B, no. 3, 1087-1093 - 1087-1093.
- P. Rogers and G. Boothroyd, 1972, "Designing Slot Orienting Devices for Vibratory Bowl Feeders." Automation 43-45 - 43-45.
- "Adaptive Control for Robotic Arc Welding." 1983, Presented at Autoweld Conference,
- "Assembly Automation Using the Robotic Arc Welding Workcell." 1983, Presented at 15th CIRP International Seminar on Manufacturing Systems,
- "A Sustainable Social Innovation Model: Challenges and Opportunities for Collaboration in an Academic Setting." 2011, Presented at Include 2011 Conference,
- "The PUMA, the VAL Language, and Programmable Assembly." 1980, Presented at Conference of the Swiss Federation of Automatic Control on Industrial Robots,
Papers in Proceedings
- ROGERS, P.F.; BOOTHROYD, G. "DAMPING AT METALLIC INTERFACES SUBJECTED TO OSCILLATING TANGENTIAL LOADS." (1 1975).
- P. Rogers, J. Engelberger, and M. Dunne. "Programmable Manipulator with Dynamic Feedback Apparatus for Stabilization." Patent number: U.S. Patent 4,132,937
- P. Rogers, D. Ellis, P. Sheth, and D. Montie. "High Mast Inspection System, Equipment and Method." Patent number: U.S. Patent 7,496,454 B2
- P. Rogers and R. Gaines. "Apparatus and Method for Measuring Weld Circuit." Patent number: U.S. Patent 6,466004 B1