- Professor of Practice, Dept of Engineering Education
244C Hitchcock Hall
2070 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Ohio State University, 2001
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 1998
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 1988
- 2015 Faculty Diversity Excellence Award
- 2015 Nicole Nieto Social Justice Award
- 2013 Boyer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Engineering Innovation
- 2013 Charles E. MacQuigg Award for Outstanding Teaching
- 2012 David C. McCarthy Engineering Teaching Award
- 2011 Pi Tau Sigma Above and Beyond Award
- Young Engineer of the Year, Ohio Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE)
Recruitment, retention, and success of undergraduate students, especially those populations who are under-represented in engineering; climate and culture in an engineering academic environment; faculty and staff mentoring
- Kecskemety, K.M., Corrigan, L.N., and Abrams, L.M., Inverting the Classroom: Balancing Individual Instructional Styles and Course Standardization, First Year Engineering Experience Conference, Aug. 2-4, Roanoke/Blacksburg, VA, 2015.
- Stavridis, O., L. Abrams, S. Sorby, D. Hamamoto, K. Sigler, Taking an Engineering Spatial Visualization Course to Pre-Dental Students, ASEE Conference 2015.
- Greene, H., P. Post, L. Abrams, Engineering Ambassador Program Connects High School Students with University Students and Career Engineers in their Communities, ASEE Conference 2015.
- Harper, K., L. Abrams, A Longitudinal Study of the Impact of a First-Year Honors Engineering Program, ASEE Conference 2014.
- Grzybowski, D., O. Stavridis, L. Barclay, L. Abrams, Impact of Optional Supplemental Course to Enhance Spatial Visualization Skills in First-Year Engineering Students, ASEE Conference 2014.
- Abrams, L. M., Lilly, B. W., Srinivasan, K., & Mendelsohn D. A. (2013). Designing and teaching an intensively hands–on class in a large public university. Paper presented at the American Society for Engineering Education North Central Section Annual Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Abrams, L. M., Lilly, B. W., Neal, M., Srinivasan, K., & Mendelsohn D. A. (2012). Developing an effective platform for introducing mechanical engineering in a large public university. Paper presented at the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Conference, Houston, TX.
- Abrams, L. M., Lilly, B. W., Altschuld, J., & Mendelsohn D. A. (2012). Introduction to mechanical engineering: A course in progress. Paper presented at the 119th American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, San Antonio, TX.
- Abrams, L. M., Gustafson, R. J., & Artis, S. (2011). Extending information on time effective student interactions to engineering faculty. Paper presented at the 118th American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, Vancouver, BC.