The Ohio State University Graduate School Minimum Requirements
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all prior undergraduate and graduate work. (How to calculate your GPA.)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work. Read your program's description under Find your program for more information.
- Proof of English language proficiency, for international applicants and those who have held the status of U.S. permanent resident for less than one year from the first day of the first term of enrollment. Minimum required scores:
TOEFL: 79 on the Internet-based, 550 on the paper-based
For more information about the Graduate School Requirements visit: https://gradsch.osu.edu
Department of Engineering Education Application Requirements:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Institutional transcript(s), undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Answers to a series of short essay questions:
- What are your values and how do they fit with your intentions to study Engineering Education at Ohio State?
- After reading faculty research interests on the Department of Engineering Education’s website, please name the top three faculty with which you would like to work and why.
- Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a wide variety of people by accepting or understanding their perspectives and explain how you could apply it in an educational setting.
- What’s a difficult situation you’ve faced and how did you overcome it?
TOEFL (or other) Test Score, if needed
|Application Term||U.S. Applicant||International Applicant|
|Autumn 2019||February 1, 2019||January 7, 2019|
|Spring 2020||August 12, 2019||July 22, 2019|
|Autumn 2020||February 1, 2020||January 7, 2020|
Application deadline if applying for funding:
Fellowship consideration: November 30
GRA, GTA, and general admission consideration:
Spring semester: October 1
Autumn semester: January 15
Applications and all supporting materials must be completed and received by the posted deadlines. This includes all 3 letters of recommendation.
For more information, please contact us directly:
Ana M. Casado, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Coordinator
Ann D. Christy, Ph.D., P.E.
Graduate Studies Chair