Empowering individuals to achieve their potential, goals, and vision in the pursuit of excellence in engineering education.
We pursue excellence by:
- Leadership, Mentorship and Teamwork: cultivating an environment in which employees lead by example; inspire, support, and mentor each other; and approach the activities of the unit as a team.
- Continuous Education: supporting employees in their educational activities for personal and professional growth.
- Scholarly Activities: seeking, applying, generating and sharing knowledge and innovations.
- Ownership and Integrity: demonstrating and accepting personal responsibility and accountability in all we do.
The Department of Engineering Education believes that professional development is essential to life-long learning. Employees within the EED at The Ohio State University are encouraged to participate in professional development opportunities for the following reasons:
Employee Professional Growth
- Professional development can help employees enhance their personal skills (e.g., communication, team work, time management, problem-solving, etc.).
- Participation in professional development events can help employees meet or exceed performance-evaluation metrics and contract stipulations.
- Through professional development, employees can become better qualified to apply for career advancement opportunities.
- All employees can use a pre-defined amount of funds for professional development –relevant event registration, travel, and/or equipment purchase.
- Professional development activities can help employees maintain positive relations with one another within the EED.
- The EED can continually strengthen its identity, receive local/national recognition, and successfully meet its goals by supporting employee initiative in seeking professional development.